Friday, May 21, 2010

My right eye suddenly became extremely blurry, it has been about two weeks?

My right eye is extremely blurry, even if I wear my glasses.


I used to have a mild prescription (-1.50 in both eyes) and I seldom wear them. Two weeks ago I could see fine, but if close my left eye, I can't see a thing! I must get things 25 cm or closer to be able to see out of my right eye! (If I see with both eyes, it's blurry but not as much...)


I know it's possible for my eyes to get worse, prescription-wise, but I never expected such a sudden jump! I haven't checked to the optometrist, I don't think I'll be able to tell my parents, they'd kill me if they knew!





I'm 16 by the way.


Thanks!

My right eye suddenly became extremely blurry, it has been about two weeks?
This could be a sign of a lot of serious issues. It could be anything from high blood pressure, to a small stroke... or a retinal detachment. You need to go have this checked out right away. You need to tell your parents RIGHT NOW... it's silly to think that they would be mad at you, it's obviously not your fault.
Reply:you need need need to get to the eye doctor ASAP! it is odd that your vision was fine two weeks ago but changed so rapidly...perhaps it has been deteriorating on the right eye and you've just noticed. it seems you may have amblyopia, a condition where one eye shuts off (oftentimes because one eye sees better so it becomes the "dominant" eye). amblyopia can be fixed when caught early and treated asap so please go to the doctor before it's too late. and don't worry, this is not your fault and your parents should not get mad at you.


No comments:

Post a Comment